Wednesday 21 September 2011

Yesterday Once More

Good morning papa,
Recently, I read an entry in my friend's facebook, which said : "When I was a kid, I didnt have a laptop, iPod, Blackberry, PS3 or Tablet, I played outside with friends, bruised my knees, made up stories and played hide and seek. I ate what my mum or caretaker made. I would think twice before I said 'No' to my parents. If I misbehaved, I got caned, Not just me, my friends too. Life wasn't hard, It was good and I survived, Kids these days are spoilt...."Her entry inspired me, I began thinking about my childhood and how wonderful it was. We hardly ever watched tv, except for occasional cartoon in the weekends, even then, it was far more exciting  and we spent a lot of time playing outdoors. Right papa our life back then growing up.


I was thinking of bringing back this value into our sons, limit their spending on tv, computers and video games....more on books and outdoor activities...I know it will be tough..but I would never know until I try, I am sure they will enjoy it and have fun too in different ways.

I am going to start by limiting TV time...then computer and video games on good deeds. More practising on reading ang and doing craft works with used things or recyling stuff, slowly they will get use to these things, that would also means less trips to JJ and toy r us!!


Today 22 September, 2011.


Mama's status : sleepy, tired like hell
the troop got up all together at 6.30am, Ashmaan was excited for concert rehearsal..yg lagi 2 tu apsal bangun awai? uhhhhhhh 3 bottles sekali buat susu!!
was rushing shoving ashmaan to mandi etc sambil rehaan buat raplah wanna follow...jessina melalak...finally at 7.55am all set and off to the road...uwaaaaaaa reach the mosque junction..was bad traffic and started drizzling...Ashmaan buat raplah and senti wanna cry takut he will miss the school bus!! sabar la sabar la..mau mama terbang ka?...at 8.12 we just past the mosque and teacher called asking if ashmaan coming..oh yes we are on the way and very closed to the school.......reached school at around 8.20am..there were 2 school buses waiting and parents and many cars..haiyooo mana mau parking ni...nak usung jessina lagi..suddenly teacher saw our car and came to take ashmaan..phewwww what  a relief...he dont even bother to kiss me...he said...later he is late now!! ye la ye la!!......


came back home..mandi jessina...mandi rehaan...bfast for rehaan...dudu for jessina...vacuum the house...put clothes in washing machine...and jessina moody pulak !! adoi la!!......and opss...12.30 gotta fetch ashmaan from school now.

No comments:

Post a Comment